Evaluations for Boys in Grades 3-8 and Girls in Grades 3-6
Family/Player Dates (2021-2022 Season)
Parents are required to attend Evaluations for the first ~45 minutes of the evaluation session. Parents will be briefed by AYB Board Members (typically the President and the Level Coordinator) about general AYB policies as well as issues specific to their division.
In an effort to make teams as even as possible, AYB conducts evaluations so that the coaches can assess the players before the teams are picked. It is extremely important that your son/daughter attend evaluations.
Players new to AYB will not be placed on a team until and unless they have been evaluated.
The evaluation schedule is listed below. All evaluations are at the Clearfield Recreation Center. Please have your child there 10 minutes early to sign in. For Boys in grades 3-8 and Girls in grades 3-6 you must have registered prior to evaluations.
If you are unable to make the evaluation listed below, please contact the Level Coordinator (see General Info -> Board of Directors).
Check ins to take place in Clearfield Rec Center Lobby
Saturday, October 16 (Boys 4th Grade is below - keep reading)
- 9:00 - 10:00a: Boys 3rd Grade**
- 10:15 - 11:15a: Girls 5th-6th Grade
- 11:30-12:30p: Boys 5th Grade
- 12:45 - 1:45p: Girls 3rd-4th Grade**
- 2:00 - 3:00p: Boys 6th Grade
- 3:15 - 4:15p: Boys 7th Grade
- 4:30 - 5:30p Boys 8th Grade
** Boys 3rd Grade and Girls 3rd - 4th Grade must attend a second evaluation session, as listed below.
Boys 3rd Grade, Monday, October 18, Clearfield Large Gym, 6:00 - 7:00p
Girls 3rd - 4th Grade, Monday, October 18, Clearfield Large Gym, 7:15p - 8:15p
Boys 4th Grade must attend both sessions below from 6:00p - 7:15p
- Monday, October 25: Clearfield Large Gym (INCLUDES PARENT MEETING - all parents should stay to hear a presentation from AYB President Joe Buonocore and Level Coordinator Roxanne Cook)
- Wednesday, October 27: Clearfield Large Gym
NOTE: There are no evaluations for the Girls 7th - 12th Grade division or for the Boys 9th - 12th Grade division. See below for information on both of these divisions.
Playing Schedule for Boys in 3rd-8th Grade and Girls in 3rd - 6th Grade
Players will be assigned to teams after player evaluations have been held (see dates and times above). Typically, all teams are scheduled to play for one hour twice a week. Some of these sessions will be practices and some will be games. Each team typically plays 14-16 games during the regular season except for the 3rd and 4th grade levels where more practices are scheduled. All teams make the playoffs.
Yearly Schedule Boys 3rd-8th Grade and Girls 3rd-6th Grade Divisions
- Your coach will call you on Monday, Oct 25 with details of your first practice, with the exception of players in Boys 4th grade, who will be contacted on Thursday, Oct 28.
- Practices begin on Saturday, Oct 30.
- Every effort is made to schedule every team to play once during the week (usually in the 5:30-10:00pm range) and once on Saturday (anywhere in 8:00a-8:00p). During the week, it is typical for days and times to rotate so that all divisions share in those times viewed as desirable and those viewed as less than desirable. On Saturdays, times will change from week to week depending on schedules and availability of courts, among other reasons.
- Final Date of Play (Championship Saturday): March 5.
Basketfest for Boys in 3rd-8th Grade and Girls in 3rd-6th Grade
Basketfest will be held on Saturday, November 13.
- Basketfest is best described as "organized chaos."
- This is our kick-off event.
- Every team will play 3 mini-games during the day. To be specific, each game will be the first half of a game (using rules for the division that apply to the first half of a game).
- Clocks will run, scores will be kept, and for the only time all year, we ask parents/coaches to officiate the games.
AYB Family Day at Dick's Sporting Goods
Saturday, October 16 & Sunday, October 17: You will get coupons via e-mail that entitle you to 20% off most purchases at the Transit Road location all day on both days.
Dates for Boys 9th-12th Grade, Girls 7th-12th Grade Divisions
Girls 7th-12th Grade Divisions: These divisions will play only on Saturday afternoons at the Clearfield Recreation Center. (There will be optional weekday division-based practices for this division.)
- Open Play: Nov 13 & Nov 20, time TBA, Clearfield.
- Play begins on Saturday, Dec 4 at Clearfield.
- The Level Coordintor will keep you up-to-date on the time of play.
- Final date of play (championships) is Saturday, March 5.
Boys 9th-12th Grade Division: This division will play only on Sunday evenings at the Clearfield Recreation Center. Players are encouraged to play with their friends and/or make their own teams. Games, games, games. No practices in this division. All events are Sunday evening. The Level Coordinator will keep everyone appraised of the schedule.
- Open Play: Nov 21 & Nov 28, 5:00p Clearfield
- Regular season games: Dec 5, Dec 12, Dec 19, Dec 26, Jan 2, Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 20
- Note: No play on Feb 13 (Super Bowl)
- Playoffs begin: TBA
- Final date of play (championships) is Sunday, March 6